Posts Tagged ‘corruption’

Following on from some recent database corruptions and repairs, I decided it was a good idea to create a new Exchange database and move all my mailboxes across to it.

This worked fine for all but one, which also happened to be my own.

Every time I would do the migration, it would all appear to be fine, but then it would finish as Completed, with no errors, but showing in the EAC as Synced and Finalized mailboxes: 0 of 0

I tried again and watched more closely and noticed it the extended “show details” that it was reporting an issue with the not being able to connect to the System Attendant mailbox. Various searches led me to articles about if the arbitration mailbox is accidentaly deleted how to re-create it etc, but this was not the problem.

Digging a bit further I noticed a mention of the mailbox being Quarantined.

(more…)
Advertisements

The continuing journey in the very slow quest to restore everything.

This post is the recovery of the SQL Express database used by the Threat Management Gateway (TMG 2010) firewall. The SQL Server (ISARS) and (MSFW) instances were failing to start with an eventid:9003 message saying “The log scan number passed to log scan in database ‘master’ is not valid”

Essentially it would appear the MASTER database was corrupted, and as per the other servers the backup was also messed up. :sigh:

(more…)

Let me say this first of all – Do not try this at home. The following is not a “strategy”, it was a last desperate act to recover *something* from *nothing*. In this case it seems to have paid off, but there is still a lot of work to do.

Following on from my previous post about the serious disk crash experience…

After spending more time than I should have curled in a ball, rocking back and forth and hoping something would just start working by itself, I finally realised that I didn’t really have any proper options left. I was at the point where *anything* was an option, there was no longer a wrong way to do things.

(more…)

I should have seen it coming.

First, I’m on the phone to Microsoft *again* because the it turns out the issue I raised to return the replacement Touch cover wasn’t actually created. So the whole process of doing that again.

Then email from Twitter telling me my account was one of the ones that had its details compromised and that I needed to change my password. A fairly simple process I guess, but with all the various devices and apps that hook into Twitter it seemed more painful than it should have been.

(more…)