Archive for June, 2015

During the process of numerous upgrades of the OS during the Windows 10 technical preview, I’ve found quite often that my Windows Apps often stop working properly, or display as non functioning icons showing the meaningless name of the app instead of the proper app tile.

Two quick things to try to resolve:

  1. From an elevated command prompt run “wsreset”
    1. This will trigger a “Windows Store Reset” and may or may not resolve any initial problem you have opening the Store App
  2. From an elevated Powershell prompt, run the following
Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

This should re-register all the apps that appear in your app cache.

There are still many other potential issues you might encounter such as proxy servers blocking access or corrupt apps, but it’s a relatively easy starting point.

Advertisements

Following on from some recent database corruptions and repairs, I decided it was a good idea to create a new Exchange database and move all my mailboxes across to it.

This worked fine for all but one, which also happened to be my own.

Every time I would do the migration, it would all appear to be fine, but then it would finish as Completed, with no errors, but showing in the EAC as Synced and Finalized mailboxes: 0 of 0

I tried again and watched more closely and noticed it the extended “show details” that it was reporting an issue with the not being able to connect to the System Attendant mailbox. Various searches led me to articles about if the arbitration mailbox is accidentaly deleted how to re-create it etc, but this was not the problem.

Digging a bit further I noticed a mention of the mailbox being Quarantined.

(more…)