Archive for the ‘Work in Progress’ Category

I am starting work on now upgrading have upgraded our ConfigMgr2012 R2 hierarchies to the new “Configuration Manager with no more version numbers” build 1511. There are roughly 120+ site servers in the central hierarchy (across 2 CAS hierarchies), so hopefully things go well. For the most part things went quite well, no major issues at all.

I’ll keep this page to note any special gotchas that are outside the various step-by-step guides already out there, and also some easy quick link references.

(more…)

When you need to change the location that you have been saving all your package source files, you will then need to update all the existing packages and applications to point to that new location.

(Note: See here to read what happens when you do update all your source locations)

This is fairly simple for Packages, but is a bit more complicated for Applications (more…)

This post is going to be more of a “brain-dump” post of thoughts and ideas around the process of using ConfigMgr to deploy Microsoft updates in your environment. There are already numerous “guides” on the net already, so why?

This may or may not be a long read. It will just be my thoughts at this stage, with later posts (possibly) going into details of the pros and cons of different approaches and issues encountered. All feedback or experiences you would like to share are most welcome, and I’ll incorporate new ideas and points to consider into the post

(more…)

A collection of Powershell commands that I’ve come up with. Will add over time

(more…)

A light hearted post that I will update over time as I find new examples of typos and error in ConfigMgr log files.

(note: changed to be typos in ConfigMgr in general now)

(more…)

I’ve started to get a *lot* of warnings being logged lately with EventID 10010, 1035, 6027 and 6002. The specific cause I don’t know yet, but they have only appeared recently after I have been “fixing” my server after some serious disk issues. It’s hard to say though because there have been so many that my event logs have been clearing out the older entries so I need to increase their size to capture them all. While the server appears to be running fine, these warnings are appearing repeatedly now.

I don’t know if they are because of further issues since the crashes, or have started because of the way I fixed something else. I know I’m not the only one, a lot of other people have posted with the same messages, so perhaps it’s specific to Server 2012, or a recent OS update that has been applied.

Further investigation required…

UPDATE: I’ve seen some reports that this has been fixed in CU1. I haven’t installed it yet, so can’t confirm at this time.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj983803(v=exchg.150).aspx