Sigh. Turns out this is one of those “obvious” facepalm issues. Posting the issue anyway in the event other people come across it.
Windows clients on Configuration Manager 2012 R2 are not applying power policies at all. Standard Windows power settings still applied and available.
- Client policy enabled for applying power settings
- Collection has a power policy configured (either pre-existing or custom)
- No Group Policies configured to apply any sort of power settings
- Client in collection
- PolicyEvaluator.log and PolicyAgent.log both indicate the policy has been applied by the client
- Policy appears with the CollectionID as a reference
- No power configuration change occur on the target workstation
- Lots of activity in pwrmgmt.log, but nothing seem specific to the policy I have configured, and no errors
- PwrProvider.log just repeats message: “Failed to read ValueUnitsSpecifier” and nothing else
- No Windows Event Viewer messages stand-out as related to this issue