There’s an issue that seems to have been I introduced after the last round of updates, either a driver or firmware update.
Basically what happens is the connection drops into “limited” mode and you lose connectivity. People have reported various methods to reconnect, I find just disconnecting and reconnecting the connection worked fine… for another 20-30 minutes at least.
My access point has 2.4 and 5ghz so I just switch between them when it happens. Still a huge pain though. There are a few registry related hacks that have been suggested, but I’m going to wait and see if an official fix comes soon.
It appears the recent updates have sorted the issue out. I haven’t noticed any further wifi dropouts since.